Dispute Resolution & Litigation
Our lawyers are all experts in their chosen specialisms, but you need your advisers to be able to look beyond the specific deal or project to understand your business sector. That is why our lawyers immerse themselves in specific industry sectors, making sure that they understand your business as well as they do their own.
The team advises national and international companies, government clients and individuals on commercial disputes and actively helps them to find a resolution where possible. Our experience includes:
- breach of contract claims (including breach of warranty)
- shareholder actions
- director’s duties
- partnership disputes
- disputes relating to commercial agents, dealerships and distribution agreements
- corporate/director fraud
- regulatory obligations and health and safety compliance
- professional negligence
- advising on areas of risk and business recovery
We specialise in disputes that require urgent court action, such as injunctions, freezing orders and search and seize orders.
Government Litigation and Panel Appointments:
We act on a variety of disputes for two Government departments including very high profile litigation cases. We have instigated landmark decisions in both the High Court and Court of Appeal.
Alternative Dispute Resolution:
Court proceedings are not always the most appropriate course of action. We are committed to resolving disputes in the most cost effective way and we will explore the possibility of conclusion through discussion, mediation, adjudication or arbitration. Our trained mediators are on hand to will help guide you through the process.
We are on hand to advise our clients on cases that cannot be resolved without court proceedings. We have an excellent success rate for clients when a case does go to court and we will assist you all the way by:
- advising you on merits at the outset
- drafting and issuing your claim or preparing your defence
- providing detailed costs estimates
- advising you and guide you through the court process
- taking steps to comply with any orders made by the court
- advising you on barrister selection to ensure we instruct the right barrister for you
- appointing an expert on your behalf if an expert is necessary
- liaising with the court, expert, barrister and opponent as appropriate
- managing out of court settlement discussions
What to Expect
- Whatever stage your dispute is at, we have the experience and commercial approach that you need to resolve it effectively and give you peace of mind.
- We will talk you through your funding options to help you with the cost of litigation.
- To fast-track our response, we operate a client extranet for the confidential sharing of documents over the internet.
- Our advice is practical, commercial, cost effective and cost sensitive. Our team consists of dynamic strategic lawyers who deliver innovative and commercial solutions to meet the client’s needs.
For a initial conversation about your dispute or how to minimise litigation risk, please contact any of our litigation team or Alison Kirby on Tel: 01603 281956 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org