Melanie offers advice to clients on a wide range of family and matrimonial matters including divorce, dissolution of civil partnerships, separation, cohabitation, financial claims after divorce or separation and disputes regarding the arrangements for children. She also advises on family injunctions and emergency applications to the Court. She is a member of the Law Society Family Law Accreditation Scheme and a Member of Resolution.
Melanie has a number of years of experience advising clients in a sympathetic and understanding way but ensuring that practical and robust advice is given. She enjoys attending Court and gives realistic and thorough advice on the possible outcomes.
In her spare time, Melanie plays the violin and is a Director of a charity which helps victims of domestic abuse. She is also trying to improve on her running ability. Melanie is based in the Leicester office.
2020 – Present: Howes Percival, Senior Associate
- 2018 – Present: Families First Charity Limited, Director
- 2019 – 2020: Brethertons, Senior Associate
- 2017 – 2019: Brethertons, Associate
- 2014 – 2017: Brethertons, Assistant Solicitor
- 2012 – 2014: Penmans, Assistant Solicitor
- 2009 – 2012: DFLP (now Lodders), Paralegal/Solicitor
- 2006 – 2008: Wallace, Robinson & Morgan, Trainee Solicitor
- 2005 – 2006: College of Law, Birmingham
- 2002 – 2005: University of Bristol, Law degree
Howes Percival Shortlisted Five Times for Central and East Dealmakers Awards
Howes Percival has received five nominations for Insider…
Howes Percival advises on MBO at Leicester fashion knitwear supplier
Leading law firm Howes Percival has advised on the…
Get in touch
To contact us, please fill out this form and we will get back in touch as soon as possible.