Melanie offers advice to clients on a wide range of family and matrimonial matters including divorce, dissolution of civil partnerships, separation, cohabitation, financial claims after divorce or separation and disputes regarding the arrangements for children. She also advises on family injunctions and emergency applications to the Court. She is a member of the Law Society Family Law Accreditation Scheme and a Member of Resolution.
Melanie has a number of years of experience advising clients in a sympathetic and understanding way but ensuring that practical and robust advice is given. She enjoys attending Court and gives realistic and thorough advice on the possible outcomes.
In her spare time, Melanie plays the violin and is a Director of a charity which helps victims of domestic abuse. She is also trying to improve on her running ability. Melanie is based in the Leicester office.
2020 – Present: Howes Percival, Senior Associate
- 2018 – Present: Families First Charity Limited, Director
- 2019 – 2020: Brethertons, Senior Associate
- 2017 – 2019: Brethertons, Associate
- 2014 – 2017: Brethertons, Assistant Solicitor
- 2012 – 2014: Penmans, Assistant Solicitor
- 2009 – 2012: DFLP (now Lodders), Paralegal/Solicitor
- 2006 – 2008: Wallace, Robinson & Morgan, Trainee Solicitor
- 2005 – 2006: College of Law, Birmingham
- 2002 – 2005: University of Bristol, Law degree
Howes Percival appoints new national head of Family Law and makes senior hire
Howes Percival has strengthened its Family Law practice…
Howes Percival acts for the Cadman Capital Group on two acquisitions
Howes Percival has acted for private equity firm the…
Get in touch
To contact us, please fill out this form and we will get back in touch as soon as possible.