Andy is Head of our Corporate, Commercial and Banking team (Corporate Law Firm of the Year, Central and East Dealmakers Awards 2020) and is head of our Automotive Sector Group, having recently re-joined the firm after 12 years as a partner at international law firm Dentons. He has deep experience in transactional M&A, private equity, and reorganisations for businesses across a variety of sectors, and several client relationships that go back 10-20 years.
Ranked in Legal 500 2019’s “Hall of Fame”, he also “has a great depth of experience in M & A transactions and private equity investments and a client endorses him as “a very pragmatic individual who gets to the point and ensures commercial solutions are reached without elongated legal negotiations” (Chambers 2019).
Andy was for 5 years the Group Legal Director with a fully-listed public company manufacturer with an international footprint, leading the group's acquisition and disposal programmes. This broadened his experience and taught him valuable lessons in how to look at things practically from the client's perspective, and also to consider issues in the context of the wider business.
Andy has been a trustee of local charity, MK SNAP, which helps adults with learning difficulties to live as independently as possible, since 2013.
- 2020: Partner, Howes Percival
- 2013 – present: Trustee of MK SNAP
- 2008-2020: Partner and Head of Corporate (Milton Keynes), (and 2014-19 Managing Partner of the Milton Keynes Office), Dentons
- 1999-2008: Partner, Howes Percival
- 1995-1999: Company Secretary (Group Legal Director 1999), Powerscreen International PLC
- 1988-1995: Solicitor (1988-92), Associate (1992-3), Senior Associate (1993-5), Eversheds (Birmingham)
- 1986-1988: Articled Clerk, Eversheds Birmingham
- 1985-6: Guildford College of Law
- 1982-5: University of Birmingham
Our Corporate team of solicitors advise clients on…
Preparing for a Smooth Transaction: From the Perspective of a Corporate Trainee
No deals are the same but there are common issues that often appear during Corporate transactions. The good news is that businesses can do something about these issues at an early stage to avoid loss of a sale or investment or a reduction…
Get in touch