We have extensive experience acting for a wide range of businesses in the automotive industry, including manufacturers, dealerships and suppliers as well as insurance providers, roadside recovery businesses, parts distributors, businesses involved in motor racing and automotive member organisations.
Many of our solicitors have undertaken secondments within the automotive sector, which means that we are able to understand first-hand the issues faced by our clients. We know the importance of being at the forefront of developments while increasing sales and effectively managing costs. This makes us adept at providing innovative and commercial solutions with the goal of keeping our clients ahead of the curve.
We advise on a broad range of legal matters affecting the automotive industry, including:
- Commercial contracts
- Funding finance, intra-group lending, finance and security arrangements
- Franchise, licensing & outsourcing agreements
- Consumer credit, leasing and hire agreements
- Dealer agreements (including the effect of domestic legislation and EU requirements on such arrangements)
- Joint ventures and different company structures
- Trade parts agency agreements
- Designs and spare part exemptions
- Employment and property matters
- Disputes and litigation (including manufacturer’s liability, supply of goods and services, health and safety, regulation, trade descriptions, warranty, restitution, business recovery and defamation)
- IT systems, e-commerce, data-protection
- Trade marks and brand protection
We work with some of the biggest names in the business. Our clients include Mercedes-Benz, Kia Motors (UK), Trust Ford, Busseys, C J Automotive, Motorvogue Group, Kab Seating, Bond Engineering, HKS, The British Racing Drivers’ Club and Silverstone Occupants.