Tom is a Partner in our Milton Keynes office and is a corporate, automotive retail M&A and venture capital specialist. The only lawyer to have been shortlisted “Emerging Dealmaker of the Year” by Insider Central and East Midlands Dealmakers Awards 2022, Tom has advised on some of the firm’s highest profile transactions. He has experience of advising all types of businesses, from owner-managed through to large, listed multinational groups having spent more than 5 years at international law firm, Dentons. He has considerable experience in complex domestic and cross-border corporate transactions, with notable expertise in buying and selling motor dealerships, regularly acting for several of the UK’s largest automotive retail groups in the top 100. His practice spans a wide range of corporate transactions, including; acquisitions and disposals, private equity transactions, joint ventures, group reorganisations, restructurings and corporate governance matters.
Tom’s venture capital work has seen him act for founders, start-ups, scale-ups and venture funds both in the UK and internationally across a myriad of sectors and at all stages of an emerging growth company's development life cycle.
His experience includes:
- Advising a NYSE-listed international Fortune 500 automotive retail group on its on-going program of UK acquisitions and disposals.
- Acting for several of the UK’s largest automotive retail groups on the acquisition and disposal of multiple dealerships across the UK.
- Advising a global public opinion and data company on the acquisition of a leading analytics, targeting and personalization software solutions company.
- Acting for a WealthTech software company specializing in structured data-driven global asset analysis on an inward multimillion-dollar investment from a leading Canadian investment pension fund through a mixture of secured debt and equity.
- Acting for a fast-growing, award-winning rec-tech client on multiple rounds of multimillion-pound investment from inception through a mixture of UK-based venture capital funds.
Tom Redman is ‘an absolute diamond to work with: competent and pragmatic = quite a formidable mix that isn’t seen in many legal firms!’
Our Corporate team of solicitors advise clients on…
Preparing for a Smooth Transaction: From the Perspective of a Corporate Trainee
No deals are the same but there are common issues that often appear during Corporate transactions. The good news is that businesses can do something about these issues at an early stage to avoid loss of a sale or investment or a reduction…
Get in touch