Tom is a Partner in our Corporate, Commercial and Banking team based in the Milton Keynes office and also Head of the Automotive Sector Group. Tom is a corporate, automotive retail M&A, private equity and venture capital specialist. The winner of the inaugural "Corporate Lawyer of the Year" at the Insider Central and East Dealmakers Awards 2023 and the only lawyer to have been shortlisted “Emerging Dealmaker of the Year” by Insider Central and East Dealmakers Awards 2022, Tom has advised on some of the firm’s highest profile transactions.
He has experience of advising all types of businesses, from owner-managed through to large, listed multinational groups having spent more than 5 years at international law firm, Dentons. He has significant experience in complex domestic and cross-border corporate transactions, with notable expertise in buying and selling motor dealerships, regularly acting for several of the UK’s largest automotive retail groups in the top 100. As part of his private equity practice, Tom regularly acts for both PE fund investors and also vendors and MBO teams. His venture capital practice sees him act for founders, start-ups, scale-ups and venture capital funds both in the UK and internationally across a myriad of sectors and at all stages of an emerging growth company's development life cycle.
Noted in Legal 500 as having an 'affable, down to earth style', his practice spans a wide range of corporate transactions, including; acquisitions and disposals, private equity transactions, joint ventures, group reorganisations, restructurings and corporate governance matters.
His experience includes:
- Advising a NYSE-listed international Fortune 500 automotive retail group on its on-going program of UK acquisitions and disposals.
- Acting for several of the UK’s largest automotive retail groups on the acquisition and disposal of multiple dealerships across the UK.
- Advising a global public opinion and data company on the acquisition of a leading analytics, targeting and personalization software solutions company.
- Acting for a WealthTech software company specializing in structured data-driven global asset analysis on an inward multimillion-dollar investment from a leading Canadian investment pension fund through a mixture of secured debt and equity.
- Acting for a fast-growing, award-winning rec-tech client on multiple rounds of multimillion-pound investment from inception through a mixture of UK-based venture capital funds.
Tom Redman is ‘an absolute diamond to work with: competent and pragmatic = quite a formidable mix that isn’t seen in many legal firms!’
Four new faces for Norwich property development team
Howes Percival advises on acquisition of leading document and data processing business
Get in touch
Thank you for your enquiry. We will respond as soon as possible.