Tom is a Director in our Milton Keynes office and is a corporate and venture capital specialist. He has experience of advising all types of businesses, from owner-managed through to large, listed multinational groups having spent more than 5 years at international law firm, Dentons. His experience spans a wide range of corporate transactions, including; acquisitions and disposals, private equity transactions, joint ventures, group reorganizations, restructurings and corporate governance matters. He has considerable experience in both complex domestic and cross-border corporate transactions, with particular expertise in buying and selling motor dealerships.
Tom’s venture capital work has seen him act for founders, start-ups, scale-ups and venture funds both in the UK and internationally across a myriad of sectors and at all stages of an emerging growth company's development life cycle.
His experience includes:
- Advising the UK arm of a NYSE-listed international Fortune 500 automotive retailer on its on-going program of UK acquisitions and disposals.
- Advising a global public opinion and data company on the acquisition of a leading analytics, targeting and personalization software solutions company.
- Acting for a WealthTech software company specializing in structured data-driven global asset analysis on an inward multimillion-dollar investment from a leading Canadian investment pension fund through a mixture of secured debt and equity.
- Acting for a fast-growing, award-winning rec-tech client on multiple rounds of multimillion-pound investment from inception through a mixture of UK-based venture capital funds.
Tom is a Member of the Law Society of England and Wales.
- 2021 - Present: Howes Percival LLP, Director
- 2016- 2021: Dentons UK and Middle East LLP, Associate (2016-2019), Senior Associate (2019-2021)
- 2014-2016: Freeths LLP, Solicitor
- 2012- 2014: Freeths LLP, Trainee Solicitor
- College of Law, Birmingham
- Aberystwyth University, Law LLB (Hons)
Our Corporate team advises clients on significant…
Are you being served? The importance of correspondence addresses at Companies House
Every person who is a director or secretary of a UK registered company has a publicly available ‘correspondence address’ listed on the Companies House website.Understandably many company officers are reluctant to make their home…
Five new partners among 14 senior promotions at Howes Percival
Howes Percival has announced 14 senior promotions,…
Howes Percival appoints senior commercial and technology specialist
Howes Percival has appointed specialist commercial…
Get in touch