Alongside advice on formal insolvency proceedings, we advise businesses suffering financial stress – from sole traders through to large public limited companies. Our specialist lawyers are used to advising on refinancing and restructuring and providing advice to directors on their options and obligations. We also have considerable experience of advising creditors dealing with businesses in financial difficulty, including security reviews for lenders and advice on retention of title issues for trade creditors.
We work to high standards of regulation and combine our deep insolvency knowledge with a genuine desire to seek resolution. Where this is not possible, our case-winning litigators are on hand to provide sound advice and have experience of acting in High Court and Supreme Court cases.
We act for the Insolvency Service and, following a period of over a decade acting for HMRC, we were recently appointed to the Crown Commercial Services Full Service Panel for England and Wales as well as the General Legal Services Panel for Central Government.
Our insolvency work includes:
- Trading administrations
- Court administration applications (by company and creditors)
- Hostile administration appointments
- High-value sales out of administration
- Fraud and quasi-fraud
- Transactional avoidance
- Wrongful and fraudulent trading
- Misfeasance and misappropriation of assets
- Overdrawn directors loan accounts
- Breaches of contract
- Members’ Voluntary Liquidations
- Advising lenders and creditors
- Insolvency applications
Our restructuring and resolution work includes:
- Non-standard resolutions to insolvency issues
- Professional negligence
- Recovery of assets and property
- Realising property interests for trustees in bankruptcy
Our ability to handle complex insolvency work is recognised at a national level. You can be certain of pragmatic, yet inventive advice from our experienced team across a varied terrain of insolvency situations. Our team has an unrivalled knowledge and can problem-solve with confidence.