Corporate and Commercial
Our commercial health team offers a market leading corporate and commercial practice that is ideally placed to support the challenges facing operators, suppliers, investors and funders in the health and social care sector.
Our range of commercial health services includes:
- Corporate transaction advice: advising elderly care, domiciliary care, specialist care, supported living, retail pharmacy, dentistry, healthtech and other operators in the sector on acquisitions and disposals including management buyouts, family succession, private equity investments, trade sales, structuring and reorganisations
- Corporate governance: drafting constitutions, advising on the duties of directors, managing conflicts of interest, shareholder rights and disputes and reorganisations following the exit of stakeholders
- Commercial contracts: services agreements, supplier agreements, non-disclosure agreements, R&D agreements, IT licences, and advice on NHS standard form contracts and local authority commissioning contracts and procedures
- Joint ventures and partnerships: GP practice mergers and GP federations, integrated care arrangements, service line collaborations such as pathology partnerships and collaborative procurement arrangements
- Banking and financing: our dedicated banking team acts for borrowers, lenders and investors advising on debt and equity financing and refinancing including acquisition finance, real estate and development finance, syndicated funding and intercreditor issues
- We advised Norse Care, Norfolk’s largest care home provider, on the purchase of the All Hallows nursing home business in Norfolk. The transaction attracted a large amount of local attention as the seller had run into financial difficulties. A quick transaction was required so as to prevent any adverse consequences on the residents and staff of the home. As such the team had to be dynamic and respond quickly to a rapidly moving scenario.
- We recently advised a GP Federation on its constitutional and governance arrangements including arrangements to hold and administer Primary Care Network (PCN) funding on behalf of the Network’s GP practice members.
- We advised Blue Skies Investments on its debt and equity investment, alongside BGF, in Nottingham life sciences incubator BioCity. The investment supported new and existing businesses at BioCity, a company which assists entrepreneurs develop their life sciences ideas into scalable businesses.