Banking & Finance
Gerald has primarily been a corporate and commercial lawyer and advisor to privately owned businesses in and around Northamptonshire. His practice has included advising on: corporate finance transactions of buying and selling and reorganising businesses, joint ventures, commercial contracts, strategy and shareholder/boardroom disputes. He has become the trusted advisor to many substantial family and owner managed businesses. He also has extensive experience of advising members’ clubs, being the company secretary to The British Racing Drivers’ Club and to Guards Polo Club.
Gerald qualified in the City in 1985 and has been a corporate and commercial solicitor at Howes Percival in Northampton since 1986. He joined the partnership in 1989, and in his career has been head of the Northampton office, head of the corporate and commercial team across the firm, a member of the firm’s management board and was latterly the senior partner until he retired from the partnership in April 2022. He now practices part time as a Consultant within the firm’s corporate, commercial and banking team, still based in Northampton.
- 2022 - Present: Howes Percival LLP, Consultant
- 2017 - 2022: Howes Percival LLP, Senior Partner
- 2009 - 2017: Howes Percival LLP, Head of Corporate and Commercial Department
- 1989 - 2009: Howes Percival LLP, Partner
- 1985: Qualified as a Solicitor with a City of London Law Firm
- 1981: Law Degree, University College London
Get in touch