Simon advises on contentious property issues encompassing residential, commercial and agricultural land.
Simon spends most of his time advising on asset management issues including possession claims, the forfeiture of leases, dilapidations, service charge disputes and lease interpretation. He also advises on trespass, overage, rights of light, rights of way, adverse possession and enfranchisement.
Simon is based in the Cambridge office.
Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 have consistently recognised Simon as a leader in his field commenting he ” is best known for commercial landlord/tenant work for retailers, leisure clients and landed estates”.
Simon is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
- November 2015 - Present: Howes Percival LLP, Partner
- 2011 - 2015: Taylor Vinters, Partner and Head of Commercial Property
- 2008 - 2011: Weightmans (legacy firm Mace & Jones), Partner
- 2007- 2008: Blake Morgan, Partner
- 2004 - 2007: DAC Beachcroft, Senior Associate
- 2001 - 2004: Mills & Reeve, Senior Solicitor
- 1999 - 2001: Solomon Taylor & Shaw, Solicitor
- 1997 - 1999: Oxford City, Trainee Solicitor
Howes Percival LLP has 'one of the best practices in the region and the team is highly experienced in all areas of contentious commercial, residential and agricultural property work'. Simon Murphy and rising star associate Leanne Davis in Cambridge manage large property portfolios and act for both landlords and tenants in contentious matters. They also advise technology and biomedical clients on dilapidations liabilities, including the biochemical and radioactive decontamination of buildings.
Howes Percival advises on Pedal Revolution MBO
Howes Percival have advised the management team of…
Howes Percival expands Milton Keynes Corporate team with senior appointment
Howes Percival has expanded our corporate, commercial,…
Get in touch