Stephen is an experienced Private Client lawyer specialising in estate planning for high net worth individuals, business owners, farmers and more recently professional sportspeople.
Stephen is able to navigate clients through complex matters in simple English, with his friendly and approachable manner putting clients at ease. Stephen is able to offer both practical and commercial advice to his clients often becoming the ‘trusted adviser’ and first point of contact.
- Complex wills incorporating trusts
- Tax and succession planning for individuals, business owners, farmers and professional sportspeople
- Powers of attorney for both individuals and business owners
- Estate administration
Stephen is able to take on appointments as an Independent Administrator in Estates that are otherwise facing an impasse or are without an administrator who can be appointed.
Stephen is top ranked in Chambers High Net Worth 2022 and a source notes: "Stephen provides very clear advice on complex matters. He is approachable and friendly, yet professional and thorough." Another interviewee explains: "His easy manner puts clients at ease in what can be rather a daunting situation, while his simple explanations mean they feel confident in their decision-making."
The Legal 500 notes that Stephen is known for providing advice within private client practice as a lawyer who is ‘very approachable and amenable.’ Stephen is a full member of STEP.
- 2022 – Present: Howes Percival LLP, Partner
- 2020 – 2022: Shoosmiths LLP, Partner
- 2017 – 2020: Woodfines LLP, Partner
- 2015 – 2017: Taylor Vinters LLP, Senior Associate
- 2011 – 2014: Greenwoods LLP, Associate
- 2004 – 2011: Hawkins Russell Jones, Solicitor/Associate
Wills, Probate, Tax and Trusts
Agriculture and Estates
Four new faces for Norwich property development team
Howes Percival advises on acquisition of leading document and data processing business
Get in touch