William has over 13 years’ experience in acting for Government departments, including the Insolvency Service and HMRC, and has acted for the Insolvency Service in particular in high profile and complex directors disqualification proceedings and also in relation to winding up companies that are trading contrary to the public interest. William also works with the Insolvency and Corporate Recovery team and deals with a broad range of both contentious and non-contentious corporate and personal insolvency matters. William also advises businesses and business owners on their duties, options and responsibilities when facing financial difficulties.
- 2018 - Present: Partner, Howes Percival LLP
- 2012 - 2018: Director, Howes Percival LLP
- 2008 - 2012: Associate, Howes Percival LLP
- 2004 - 2008: Solicitor, Howes Percival LLP (UK qualified in 2005)
- 2001: Insolvency Service
- 2000: Admitted as attorney in South Africa
- 1998: Articled clerk at Blakes Maphanga in South Africa
- University of Natal Durban (South Africa) – Bcom LLB
"William Shirley is an experienced commercial litigator. He is particularly skilled at drafting with a good eye for detail. He has a very a client-focused and commercial approach."
Investment Fraud : The Vultures Preying on the Global Financial Crisis
In this blog, Carl Mifflin, Head of Restructuring and Insolvency at Howes Percival, examines how investment fraud has thrived in recent years, highlights how economic uncertainty provides a breeding ground for fraudsters and identifies…
Get in touch
To contact us, please fill out this form and we will get back in touch as soon as possible.