1. The appeal is allowed and outline planning permission is granted to redevelop the site to provide 75 Dwellings (50 open market and 25 affordable homes) along with new public allotments, children’s play areas and a 5-a-side football pitch at Carshalton Road, Lakenham, Norwich, Norfolk NR1 3BD in accordance with the terms of the application, Ref 12/01885/O, dated 11 June 2012, subject to the conditions set out in Schedule 1 of this decision.
2. The application was submitted in outline form with all matters reserved for future consideration, apart from access.
3. At the Inquiry a completed Planning Agreement was submitted. Amongst other things, the Agreement makes provisions for contributions towards traffic regulations and sports provision, as well as the delivery of affordable homes and ensuring that the open space within the appeal site is accessible to the general public. The Council stated that they are content that the Agreement overcomes the objection to the proposal as expressed in the third reason for refusal.
4. The main issues in this appeal are as follows;
- The effects of the proposal on open space,
- The effects of the loss of the pavilion on the historic environment,
- Consideration of the housing land supply context.