The draft National Minimum Wage (Amendment) Regulations 2017 have been published which increase the National Minimum Wage and the National Living Wage from 1 April 2017.
The National Living Wage (for all working people aged 25 and over) will increase from £7.20 to £7.50.
The National Minimum Wage will increase to:
- £7.05 for staff aged 21 years or over;
- £5.60 for staff aged 18 years or over (but not yet 21);
- £4.05 for staff under 18 years; and
- £3.50 for staff to whom the apprenticeship rate applies.
- The regulations are expected to come into force on 1 April 2017.
Graham Irons comments: "Employers should review their wage structure and check their payroll systems to ensure that staff receiving minimum wage are paid the correct rate from April."