Event Date: Wed 26th Apr 2023
Howes Percival's Employment Team is pleased to announce they will be holding the next in-person "HR Lunch and Learn" session on Wednesday 26 April 2023. The session will focus on Managing long-term sickness absence and will be delivered by Alex Payton, Partner.
At this HR Lunch and Learn session, we will be discussing how to manage long-term sickness absence in the workplace. In what is hoped will be an interactive session, we will discuss:
- Understanding the different treatment of long-term sickness absence versus sporadic poor attendance, and when the two processes can become blurred;
- The process involved in dismissing fairly for long-term sickness absence;
- How to adequately deal with the duty to make reasonable adjustments when contemplating dismissal;
- Managing conflicting medical opinions;
- The importance of justifying a dismissal for long-term sickness absence; and
- The potential traps and pitfalls when considering dismissal in such circumstances.
A buffet style spread will be provided.
Please note that spaces are limited and are not reserved until confirmed. We reserve the right to limit spaces per organisation (if required).
We look forward to delivering a factual, informative and interactive session.
Date: Wednesday 26 April 2023
Time: 12:30pm - 2:00pm
Venue: Howes Percival Leicester Office
Address: 3 The Osiers Business Centre, Leicester, LE19 1DX