Alex advises on all types of tribunal dispute, with particular emphasis on those matters that are complex or multi-jurisdictional. Alex has a particular interest in restrictive covenant enforcement issues and defending claims of high value.
Alex also advises on outsourcing issues and TUPE, redundancies and restructuring.
Alex is very pragmatic, commercial and solution-focused in the advice he provides.
Alex advises on all areas of employment law. His specialisms include:
- Defending complex multi-claim and discrimination disputes;
- Restrictive covenant enforcement and protection of confidential information;
- Advising on restructuring and redundancies;
- Managing and negotiating senior executive exits and
- Data Protection, including advising clients as they prepare for the introduction of the GDPR in May 2018.
He regularly conducts his own tribunal cases, including undertaking his own advocacy at full hearings. Alex is results-driven in his approach and clients praise his commercial, responsive and pragmatic style.
Alex regularly delivers training and seminars for clients or business contacts.
Alex is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
- 2014 - Present: Howes Percival LLP, Director
- 2008 - 2014: Howes Percival LLP, Senior Associate Solicitor
- 1996 - 2008: Rich and Carr Solicitors
Unlawful Deductions: Series of deductions not broken by gap of three months
The Court of Appeal of Northern Ireland has confirmed in the case of Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland v Agnew (and others) that a series of deductions will not necessarily be broken where there is a gap of…
Howes Percival Celebrates Pride Month with Inaugural Event
On 27 June, Howes Percival launched its inaugural…
Howes Percival appoints new director to strengthen its Private Client Team
Leading regional law firm Howes Percival has strengthened…
Get in touch
To contact us, please fill out this form and we will get back in touch as soon as possible.