Joanna has significant experience of all types of commercial property work, specialising mainly in real estate development, but also dealing with acquisitions and disposals; landlord and tenant matters for clients’ property portfolios; and acting for investors in high value commercial properties.
Joanna has significant commercial property experience and has progressed her career with the firm since qualifying as a solicitor, establishing a strong loyalty with both her clients and the business.
- 2015 - Present: Howes Percival LLP, Partner
- 2010 - 2015: Howes Percival LLP, Director
- MA in Advanced Commercial Property, focusing on sustainable development and green issues
- 2006: Howes Percival LLP, Associate Solicitor
- 2002 - 2006: Howes Percival LLP, Assistant Solicitor
- 2000 - 2002: Howes Percival LLP, Trainee Solicitor
- BA (hons) in Business Administration, followed by Postgraduate Diplomas in Law and Legal Practice
"Joanna Nicholls is always diligent and her knowledge of commercial transactions is unrivalled."
Howes Percival LLP acts for many of the UK’s main banks and also for a private corporate funder with a large turnover of high-risk investments. It also advises private clients on complex refinancing transactions. Joanna Nicholls, whose 'knowledge of commercial transactions is unrivalled', leads the real estate finance and banking practices, and has a steady flow of work in the leisure, real estate developments and healthcare sectors.
Restrictive Covenants – “Neighbourhood” not sufficient to identify benefiting land
The Court of Appeal in Bath Rugby Ltd v Greenwood & Ors v Bath Recreation Ltd has found that the term “neighbourhood” is insufficient to describe the land which benefits from a restrictive covenant. This reversed the original decision…
Howes Percival advises on Pedal Revolution MBO
Howes Percival have advised the management team of…
Howes Percival expands Milton Keynes Corporate team with senior appointment
Howes Percival has expanded our corporate, commercial,…
Get in touch