Our team of expert lawyers has a long history of working for clients in the affordable housing sector. This means that we have a special understanding of your business, we know that your main drivers are different from those of other housebuilders and landlords, and we appreciate the regulatory and governance framework within which you operate.
We provide a comprehensive service, advising housing associations and other registered providers of social housing, as well as charities and local authority development companies, on all aspects of affordable housing, including:
- Land acquisition
- Development agreements
- Construction advice
- S106 acquisitions
- Planning agreements and planning advice
- Nomination agreements
- Shared ownership and shared equity
- HOLD and OPSO
- Independent living schemes
- First tranche sales, resales and staircasing
- Right to buy, right to acquire and voluntary right to buy
- Housing management – nuisance, ASB, tenancy breaches, forfeiture
- Property disputes, including boundary issues and adverse possession
- Grant funding
- Security and loan finance
- Commercial contracts
- Data protection
- Employment advice
Once schemes are completed, we provide an ongoing estate management service, often helping providers to address nuisance, anti-social behaviour and other issues.
The social housing industry has experienced considerable change over recent years, and our team has helped our clients cope with those changes through in-depth legal knowledge and commitment to the sector. We combine a commercially sound and proactive service with an active interest in emerging legal and policy issues which affect the sector.