We know that the death of a loved one can be an emotional time for the whole family. This is especially true if the deceased may not have written a Will prior to their passing, if their Will fails to provide for those who depended on them or if the intentions set out in their Will are unclear. This can unfortunately lead to disputes over the interpretation of their last wishes and even over the validity of the Will itself.
If you wish to contest a Will we can help, whether in your capacity as beneficiary or because you were dependent upon the deceased and have not been sufficiently provided for. We can also help if you find yourself, as a beneficiary of the Estate, defending a claim brought against it or if you think a Will may have been forged.
Our solicitors will work closely with those bringing and defending claims against Estates across Lincolnshire. Where we are instructed by Executors or Trustees, we support them in the complexities of their role whilst also minimising the risk of breaching their fiduciary duties and avoiding disagreements at a later date. If disputes do arise however, we will work to resolve them as constructively as possible through both mediation and settlement discussions. If Court proceedings are required, our expert team has the depth of experience to gain a strong and positive outcome.
Our solicitors can assist on all aspects of Contentious Trusts and Probate across Lincolnshire, including:
- Contesting a Will (lack of capacity, lack of knowledge/approval, undue influence)
- Fraudulent Wills
- Invalid Wills (eg failure to properly execute)
- Rectifying Wills
- Applications to clarify the meaning of a Will (construction claims)
- Financial provision for dependants under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Applications for probate
- Disputes concerning executors
- Disputes about estate assets
- Advice and guidance for trustees
- Trustee actions for breach, negligence and restitution
- Removal of executors or trustees
- Applications for inventory and accounts
- Acting as neutral Special Administrators on disputed estates
- Applications for Declarations of Presumed Death
Our experienced team will provide clear and dependable advice that is supportive and sensitive to what you wish to achieve. We can assist those looking for Contentious Wills and Probate advice, based in Lincoln, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Grantham, Boston and more across Lincolnshire.
The team is led by members of The Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) who hold specialist qualifications as a result of their experience in this complex area of the law. The team also benefits from specialist expertise in our Wills, Probate, Tax and Trust and Agriculture and Estates teams.
For further support surrounding Contentious Trusts and Probate in Lincolnshire, get in touch here.