Alistair specialises in Financial Litigation with emphasis on Secured Asset Recovery, including property, plant and machinery, and domestic and commercial vehicles.
He assists lender clients in the swift enforcement of defaulting debtors in respect of secured lending, unsecured cash flow and cash advance agreements, pursuing debtors to obtain judgment, and securing charging orders against company property or property owned by company directors, in the UK and overseas.
Alistair has experience of litigating claims in the County Courts, High Courts and Court of Appeal and appearing as Solicitor-Advocate in County and High Courts across the country.
A Commercial Dispute Resolution lawyer by trade, he regularly acts for a variety of commercial clients including partnerships, LLPs, owner managed SMEs, limited companies, public companies, merchant banks, commercial and tertiary lenders such as peer-to-peer funders, brokers and asset finance companies.
Recent examples of how Alistair has supported clients include:
- Recovery in excess of £6m for a lender from a commercial borrower by way of the sale of multiple asset types, including land, property and commercial ventures
- Securing possession of a bankrupt company director’s residential property for a lender, after the company went into liquidation, and ongoing litigation relating to disputed penalty clauses, excessive interest provisions and accelerated payment clauses
- Securing the return of vehicles for a lender from a company who had stopped making both loan and service agreement repayments. A separate money judgment was also secured against the company due to the shortfall to the lender;
- Advising on fraudulent revolving loans on which the debtors had defaulted resulting in the client companies and special purpose vehicle companies entering into administration
- Successfully quashing an attempt to extract monies from a financial institution in receipt of a threat of legal proceedings concerning non-payment of brokerage commissions in the region of £90,000.
- 2023- Present – Howes Percival - Partner & Solicitor-Advocate
- 2020-2023 – Knights - Senior Associate & Solicitor-Advocate
- 2017-2020 – Nelsons - Associate & Solicitor-Advocate
- 2015-2017 - Joisah Hincks Solicitors – Associate & Solicitor-Advocate
- 2010-2015 – Qdos Legal Services Limited – Trainee & Solicitor- Advocate (2010-2014 – Qdos Consulting Limited; 2014-2015 – Qdos Legal Services Limited)
- 2010-2012 - De Montfort University – Legal Practice Course
- 2007-2010– Lloyds Employment Law Consultancy -HR & Tribunal Advocacy Consultant
- 2005-2006 - University of West of England – Bar Vocational Course
- 2002-2003 - University of Portsmouth – Law with Accounting LLB
Banking & Finance
Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Insolvency and Corporate Recovery
Property Dispute Resolution
Howes Percival recruits Leicester financial litigation Partner
Howes Percival wins Legal Firm of the Year Award at the 2023 Northamptonshire Business Excellence Awards.
Get in touch