Doug handles construction cases. He has advised a wide range of clients from high net worth individuals and SME’s to multi-nationals including NHBC, Westfield, Sainsbury’s, the RFU and government departments both in the UK and abroad. He specialises in the resolution of building and engineering disputes and also advises concerning the drafting of building contracts, warranties, professional appointments and bonds as well as insurance in the construction industry.
Chambers & Partners rank Doug as an expert in his field. He has been praised in Legal 500 for his “tenacity and motivation”: “He rolls up his sleeves” and “cuts to the chase”. Disputes that Doug has resolved include claims for defects, delay to completion, certification issues, loss of engineer/architect’s independence, loss and expense claims, final account disputes, calls upon bonds, terminations and professional negligence.
- 2013 - Present: Howes Percival LLP, Consultant
- 2008 - 2012: Dentons
- 2005 - 2008: Howes Percival LLP
- 1999 - 2005: Baker & McKenzie (Hong Kong)
- 1993 - 1999: Gouldens (now Jones Day)
- 1990 - 1992: College of Law
- 1985 - 1989: Experimental Psychology MA (Hons), Brasenose College, University of Oxford
Get in touch
To contact us, please fill out this form and we will get back in touch as soon as possible.